Bench rental at our studio offers full creative autonomy for professional and hobbyist glass blowers. If you’re already a glass blower and looking for a place to blow, please read on and apply now to become a member. If you want to learn the art of glass blowing, please visit us at Classes for Glass Blowers.
We have the following equipment and services available for our members:
- Two 135 pound furnaces with Spectrum 2.0
- 6″, 12″, & 18″ glory holes
- 4 annealers
- Use of bench and basic tools, pipes, puntys, and hand torches
- Private Instruction*
- Glass blowing assistants*
- Community events (LINK TO StudioEvents)
- Members-only events
*contact studio for rates and availability
Application Fee: $65
Annual Fee: $0.00 (yes zero!)
- Application for studio membership, including liability and photography release forms, must be completely executed before use of studio is allowed.
- Members must prove that they are competent in glassblowing by a letter of reference and/or by demonstration.
- Members must have a competent assistant or glass blower present during session for safety reasons. No solo blowing!
- Membership privileges will include the use of annealers, glory holes, furnace, marver, and bench as well as pipes, punties and hand tools.
- Members are strongly recommended to bring their own hand tools, pipes, and punties.
- Members will be held liable, and may be fined for damage to studio equipment and/or improper shutdown of equipment.
- Studio is not responsible for loss or damage to members’ property.
- Members must have fun or they will be expelled from our merry band of gaffers!
$45.00 per hour for use of 6” and 12” glory holes
$67.50 per hour for use of 18” glory hole
- Hours must be purchased in blocks of 6 hours or more.
- Minimum studio rental is 2 hours
- Rates may increase for intense production or solid work.
- Please contact the studio to purchase time.